Saturday, December 7, 2019

Update.

It has been several months since I last posted. I am still dealing with the unnamed situation that I mentioned in my last post. I have spent hours in reflection, thought, and personal journaling. It is part of an overall search for an azimuth to continue upon for this chapter of life. I ask for your continued prayers.

My work has more challenging than I could have imagined. Middle management is not fun at all, and rarely rewarding.



But in the middle of all this, I did get to have a proof of concept of my General Purpose Pistol. I had finally built a 12.5 inch AR pistol very similar to the one detailed in my earlier post. It performed as I intended it too. I did not get to stretch its legs due to limited range, but I was hitting reduced silhouette steel targets at 100 yards.

I have begun another build. I have the lower, some parts, and a grip. I have not decided if I am going to go with another GPP or just build a rifle. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I am to the point of selecting a trigger, charging handle, upper, barrel, and hand guard. I have a bolt carrier group and choice of optics.

But I also need to get more ammo...

The world continues to spiral into intended or unintended chaos. Keep a weathered eye on the horizon.

Some recommendations for reading. I have been reading the heck out of Amazon Kindle Unlimited.

For a wide variety of post-apocalyptic fiction, lately my go to author has been Bobby Akart. He is comfortable writing about either man-made or natural disasters. GREAT READING.

I am also enjoying the Stonemont Series by Steven C. Smith.

I have also found myself rereading accounts of the Long Range Reconnaissance Patrols and the exploits of the MAC-V SOG teams in Vietnam. I may not be in the jungle or the mountains of Vietnam, but many of the principles apply to any terrain or environment.

Thanks for sticking around. I am not done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment