Monday, July 9, 2018

A Jacobin of this Age.

In light of the article by Michael Sean Winters at The National Catholic (or schismatic) Reporter: A Grim Fourth of July Arrives in the Age of Trump. Typical of the unhinged left, Winters tries to sound humane and aloof, right up to the very end. In a classic mask removal, Winters exposes his true belief, that he is in fact a Neo-Jacobin.

"Normally, when I get into a debate with a conservative friend and we are at an impasse, with no hope for resolution, I try to ease the tension with levity, and say, "Well, when the revolution comes, I will put in a good word for you and your family." To my friends in the Republican political and legal establishment who have not stood up to Trump: When the revolution comes, you are on your own, and I will be clamoring not for mercy but for a seat next to the guillotine, where I can do my knitting."
Your little attempt at "levity" was more of a self centering bullseye. It reminds me of the scene in Henry V, when the Dauphin of France attempts to insult Henry V with tennis balls.


Instead sir, you should, in all humility, be reminded of this.





And this.


Instead you are calling for a repeat of this act, against people of your faith.




Do a little research on the Roman Catholic Carmelite Nuns of Compiegne. They were sixteen nuns caught up in the French Revolution.


*****

What and who were the Jacobins?

The Jacobins were at the forefront of the political clubs in France during the run up to the French Revolution. They were considered the most ruthless and radical of the clubs. Robespierre is probably the best known Jacobin. During the Reign of Terror, they were known to turn on their own.

I have tread this ground before. I will continue to do so.

So why Jacobins?  Or better yet, Neo-Jacobin. It fits the description of what the "elites" are like today. Perfectly. Brilliantly.
Their alleged public motives are to help others.

"It's for the children."

"They are humans, not illegals."

Ad nausem.

They love humanity so much, they will remove you and yours to make it better. Then they begin to point fingers at each other. Think on that. We have heard that before.

Below I am adding links to what I think are some of the better videos out there explaining the Vendee Genocide and the Reign of Terror.















2 comments:

  1. Ok - this is just brilliant! I've got a very strong history and western civ/political background and this never even came to mind until you presented it... it is very good and right on target. Thanks - you have just provided me with a huge addition to my thinking and ability to 'argue' with the current social centered discussions and about American politics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Many of Marx's ideas were simply direct copies of many of the beliefs of the Jacobins.

      I want to apologize for not seeing your comment sooner. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete