Saturday, October 14, 2017

Here Is What I Have Been Watching Lately.

The world is filled with too much bad and strange news lately. So, I am going to talk about something else.

My video watching is pretty much limited to my 30 minute lunch breaks at work. There is an advantage to being able to download movies and documentaries on both Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Here is a sampling of some of the things I have been watching.

The Battle of the Chosin - A PBS documentary. I admit that I have not studied the Korean War like I should have. I knew about the Battle of the Chosin. I know about it much better now.



Gas! Gas! Quick Boys! - An excellent documentary about the use of chemical weapons during World War One.



Atomic Attack - Think Testament lite. It was a made for TV in the 1960s following a mother in a suburb of New York City dealing with the aftermath of an atomic attack. Not much reality here, but interesting nonetheless.



Searching for Home: coming back from war - A must see. 



The Magnificent Seven (the new one) - Fun. That's about it. Definitely not better than the original, and the original before that. 






The Right Stuff - A favorite of mine. 



Bad Blood - An excellent documentary that details fairly the Bloody Kansas affair of the 1850s. I find it an interesting metaphor to our current times. Find this one on Amazon Prime or elsewhere. You need to watch this one.



Shooter - The tv series, not the movie. Not bad. Not perfect either. But not bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment