Monday, October 23, 2017

Randomness.

Only two months in and I got a promotion at my new job. Again, I am grateful for the opportunity, but I am also aware of the potential problems.

*****

Very Long But Read The Whole Thing: Ironbound Concepts Sends, shared by Brushbeater, is a long, sometimes hard to read translation, of the current lessons learned by a participant in the
vastly under-reported events ongoing in Ukraine. Hard times. Harder lessons. We have seen this before. We will see it again. Pray it does not come to our shores, although, I fear it will come sooner than later.

*****

Plucking the Yew: Added to the blog roll.

******

I started to reconfigure my get home bag. Straight shot from work to home is ~9.5 miles. However, there is no good straight route. A few housing areas and an interstate intersect that route. Slow and stealthy at night will be the way to go. I need to save coins of the realm for some good night vision.

******

My unicorn rifle. I was passing by a gun shop here in town the other day and decided to stop in. My son and I were impressed with the inventory, but not the prices. Just as we were getting ready to walk out, I saw the concession sale rack. A familiar shape caught my eye...


I got really excited. While it was a Century Arms, it had come with the 4x SUIT sight with the inverted reticle. It was for sale in the $890 range. Oh well, at least I got to hold it and hear the Wild Geese theme in my head for a minute. I just have a fondness for FALs. Especially L1A1s. 

*****

It has been a year since hanging the Uniform for the last time in the closet. Too many thoughts to clearly put down. While there is much about that life that I do not miss, there is more that I do miss.

*****

To Follow or Not To Follow?: Yesterday I had to take my son to an urgent care clinic. I did not carry into the business, as it is well posted they do not want such in their establishment. Now, I could not necessarily go there, however, my son needed treatment. While we were in the lobby, a man exits the treatment area in a huff, leaves the establishment and peels out in his vehicle from the parking lot. A nurse followed out to get his plate. Upon her return inside she informs the front desk that she was calling 911 due to that the male had nearly assaulted another nurse inside. Immediately I was concerned on whether this individual would return or not. The question is whether to only frequent carry friendly establishments, or to just carry regardless. Again, this is the quandary of Law Abiding Citizens. At what point do we have to become outlaws in order to do the Right Thing?


4 comments:

  1. HEY! Glad to see you're still out there! Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DTG,
      Thanks so much for stopping by! Life is progressing. Very busy though. Trying to be more frequent with posting, but sometimes it is a struggle. Stay safe brother!

      Delete