Monday, February 13, 2017

AO Recon or Biking Around The Neighborhood.

One of the things that I have been doing since we moved into our new home is learning the neighborhood. We were warned about one specific set of neighbors from the very get go by long lived fellow neighbors. "Make sure and keep your children away from them. They are nothing but trouble."



Well, it only took a few hours of simple observation to confirm our own thoughts. Yep, they are definitely trouble. Not that I fear them. I do not. But, I knew that I needed to get a better look around the greater neighborhood. And what better way that by going on bike rides with the younger kids. Nearly every home here has a dog. They all like to bark. It is two edged. You may not sneak around as quietly as you would like, but, you know if someone is not known in the area. The dogs are that telegraph.

Biking around is a relatively quiet, yet quick and efficient way to move around the neighborhood. The city we live on the outskirts of has a lot of bike paths and is very bicycle friendly. So a family out riding is nothing out of the ordinary.

I still have a lot to learn in my new area. I have more bike riding to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment