Friday, May 8, 2015

Anger.

Right now there is so much anger and frustration in my reactions to what I am seeing and experiencing both in my professional life and in my worldly observational life that it is spilling over into my personal and family life.

Professional life: In my 13 years in the military I have never experience such disregard for the soldiers in a unit. Honestly it has become breathtaking in regards to the lack of planning and consideration by "leaders." Morale in the unit is absolutely below ground level. We already spend way too much time at work. Then, when there is a unit function, those who chose not to purchase a ticket to said function, especially those who would prefer to spend just a few more hours with their families are labeled as "disloyal." Disloyal?

Michael Shaara wrote in the book Killer Angels “There's nothing so much like a god on earth as a General on a battlefield.” I would contend that the same attitude can and will exist at lower levels of command. In many respects, the military system is extremely feudal in its day to day function. Please do not misunderstand me, there are plenty of good men and women in the military today. It has been my pleasure, honor, and privilege to serve alongside some of them. But there are more and more moments where all of that good is completely and utterly drowned out by the sheer stupidity of it all. I try to maintain a sense of humor ("We have gone from ludicrous to PLAID!"), but even that does little to help. 

Here are two things I would love to see in my lifetime: 1) A 4-star general walk into the Oval Office and lay his stars down on the desk and say "No more sir." Then walk out to the bank of microphones and lay it out for the American public. 2) For a majority of an unit to form up unexpectedly outside of their higher headquarters, the senior member walk in to the lobby and request to see the Inspector General. The American public needs to understand that THEIR military is by and large broken. There are many reasons for this and the guilty parties are too numerous to list here.

Observational life: I am tired of the normalcy bias that is running rampant throughout this country. I was going to say society or culture, but that would be redundant. I am tired of the average person not realizing that this great experiment is circling the drain and just about to drop in. The freedoms and liberties that we take for granted are being regulated out of existence by unelected bureaucrats that are not accountable to no one. I am tired of the unrecognized and unanswered treason against and betrayal of the people who still work and try to make a proper life in this country. 

And it goes on.

+++++

So all of this stuff begins to spill over and affect my personal and family life. It affects my personal relationships. It colors my faith experience. All of this is a big problem. 

I am not seeking the perfect life. 

I seek the life were I can raise and educate my children free from government intrusion and cultural political correctness. I seek the life where I can earn and keep my money as I see fit. I seek even more. I understand that many would consider this a pipe dream. That may be so. 

It will always be another source of anger. 

If I let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment