Thursday, March 13, 2014

My life could have been different, but would it have been worth it?

I just found out that one of the guys I graduated college with 19 years ago was just promoted to Lieutenant Colonel in the Army. I was in all the same ROTC classes that he was in and I could have been commissioned with him at the same time if I had decided to stay in the program at the time.

I would most likely would have been a Major or a Lieutenant Colonel now too, instead of an E-5 today. But one thing is for sure, I would not have traded my life to now for that life. Sure, more pay, different opportunities, but would my family be the same? I have been married to the same woman for over twenty years now who has born me five incredible children. No, in this case, I would not have changed it.

I wish him all the best.

EDITED: I was much more tired than I realized when I first posted this. I have since edited it.

No comments:

Post a Comment