Friday, February 18, 2022

A Bit Of Creative Randomness...And Some Deeper Thoughts

 I have reengaged with several activities that I used to do a long time ago during this new period of transition and change. 

Creative Writing and Music:

I have started to do more creative writing, including some poetry, in a non traditional sense. But poetry, like art, is subjective. Below are some of the different lines of things I have written, some of them are from poems, others are just lines, prompts I have created.

1) You set my heart on fire, its rhythm shakes the universe, giving birth to new dreams...

2) Our hands entwine, fingers dance, weaving together...

3) Skipping from star to star, skating along the Milky Way...

4) Interwoven, like the essence of creation...

5) You take my tears and change them to jewels...

Much of this is written to the inspiration of music. Much of it strictly instrumental. 




And this is but a small sampling of some of the music that I listen too. 

I find myself outside more. My favorite place to be is down by the creek that runs on the property. Sitting down by the water, listening to it. 

It is hard at times, when your life has been upheaved by massive change, to want positive change to be just as massive, to counter the damage, the harm. However, the small peaceful moments are doing more healing that I realized at first. This is crucial. Good things take time. The best things take longer. I had lost perspective of this even though I was parroting the philosophy to others. My head was way ahead of my heart. That is why I love the moving water. It is a reminder that life will move at its pace. I can try to force it to speed up or slow down, but the water is moved by greater forces than me. It lowers and slows during dry times. Heavy rains and snow melt will cause it to flow with great and sometimes destructive force. The water passes, always moving, and it does leave its mark on the earth, carving new banks all the time.

The clouds can hint at a future, but nothing is certain. And the water continues to flow...


***
I have shot a lot more in the last two months than what I had done in the last five years. I continue to modify and improve kit. I plan to share some of that here soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment