Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Restart, Refocus, and Reengage.

4 Goals this year:
1. Be Grateful.
2. Be Fit.
3. Get Published.
4. Fix My Trajectory. (Multiple ideas-one theme)


1) Being Grateful. Easy to do when times are good. Not easy at all when faced with adversity, challenges, or bad news. Being grateful does not mean to ignore reality when times are bad. It is an acknowledgement of the bad, being grateful for life, and finding the lessons to be learned in it all. 

2) Being Fit. This is a process. Not an end state of being. This goes beyond just being physically fit. It also being mentally and emotionally fit. Easier said than done. It takes lots of work.

3) Getting Published. This has been a long term goal of mine for a very long time. Even if it getting self published on Amazon or something like that. I have an idea that it will not be about an historical event or a fiction story.

4) Fixing My Trajectory. This concept actually kept me up last night. Those who know me personally know that I can fall asleep usually within a couple of minutes, if not a minute, of laying my head on the pillow. Old military habit. What do I want to be my trajectory this year? Personally? Professionally? Other Goals and Dreams (building AR uppers being one of them)? I find myself listening to podcasts of those in the industry that have been successful. It is their lessons and life experience knowledge that I seek, not necessarily to copy their road maps that has led them thus far.

Fixing is not necessarily repairing, but rather locking in the focus.

It is going to be an interesting year. I hope and pray that you have a productive year as well.

++++++++

On a side note, I am starting my 4th year blogging here. Thanks for staying with me. Again, this all started on a recommendation from an Army buddy about having a digital notebook of sorts. A place to put down thoughts and ideas. Your readership and comments mean a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment