Friday, September 18, 2015

LOCKDOWN

The stupidity of the leadership of the military never ceases to amaze me. Friday has been a double whammy. The President nominates his replacement for Secretary of the Army. No comment. I am tired of "hope and change." It has been nothing but "despair and the shaft."

My unit gets back from a 3 day training exercise. ONE piece of equipment is not found. We were given an amount of time to find. It is not found. So, the whole unit, including those of us who did not even go, are now on lockdown. 

Morale, which barely existed in my unit to begin with, just absolutely cratered. I am sitting here typing this post deep within the bowels of the unit's locker room. New and strange restrictions have been put on us. We can use our phones, but no streaming video. That is not even apples to oranges. That is apples to concrete. 

What really hurts me is how this will effect my oldest boy later today for his football game. My oldest boy has Aspergers. He is also in his senior year. One of the things that he wanted to do was go out for football. He is on a Christian Homeschool team for six man football. He was actually sidelined before the season started due to a concussion that he sustained during practice. 

Last Saturday was his first game. Ever. This was big. Today is his second game. I do not know how this unexpected turn of events is going to affect him.

My second youngest is also on the spectrum. His biggest issue is anxiety. I know that this turn of events is going to hit him hard as well. 

By the way, I am currently taking meds for a knee injury. Those meds are at my house. They are talking lockdown until next week. Somebody is going to snap. 

I feel bad for my wife. She is stuck trying to do even more than what she needs to do. There are soldiers here with pregnant wifes that are at full term. What are they going to do about them.

By the way, the item missing is not some super secret item. It can be purchased publically from such companies as TNVC. 

I apologize for the rant. Its been a 20 hour day. And I am angry beyond belief, but holding it all in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment